Contouring and highlighting is one of the oldest make-up techniques that every woman should master! Celebrities like Kim Kardashian, Eva Longoria and Jennifer Lopez all use contouring and highlighting to add shape and definition to their faces transform their bone structure and accentuate their best features.
Here are some top tips on how to achieve complexion perfection:
1. Apply skin care and Foundation to face and neck
2. Set Lightly with Powder through the T-zone of the face
3. With your highlighting product apply the light colour onto the high planes of the face.
Tops of the cheekbones
Bridge of the nose
The bow of the lip
4. Then with your contour colour, apply the darker colour to the shadows of your face
Under your cheek bones
Into the sockets of your eyes and out to your temples
5. Make sure the colours are blended well and into each other for seamless skin!
Tips & Tricks:
1. Light colours come forward, and Dark colours go back.
You can bring forward your best featured by highlighting! And hide what you don’t like by Contouring
2. Using powder products will give you a more natural matte look.
3. Using creamy products to highlight and contour will give you a more fresh and dewy look.
4. Start by Highlighting FIRST. Sometimes when you do this, you won’t need as much contouring. It will stop it from being heavy.
5. Finishing of your make-up with a simple sparkly highlight onto the high planes of the face can add extra glamour!