Okay for real, laser and IPL therapy, what do they do?
Here’s a trivia tidbit: the word laser is actually an acronym for Light Amplification by the Stimulated Emission of Radiation. Cosmetic lasers produce focused light at a specific wavelength, energy level and depth of penetration for a certain amount of time. Intense pulsed light is not a laser per se and isn’t as precisely calibrated. Instead, it directs a broad-spectrum high intensity light pulse on the skin.
Lasers and IPL therapy fix things naturally. They simply stimulate your skin to heal and work at its best. Heat and light can dismantle and cauterize things you don’t need (we’re looking at you body hair) or kick the things you do need, like collagen production, into high gear. Since some lights only have eyes for one issue and others are a little racist and only work on certain skin tones, we have both lasers and IPL so we can treat a variety of conditions and all different skin colors.
We use the top-of-the-line CUTERA Laser machine, which is the safest, most effective and cutting edge cosmetic laser platform on the market.
Here are just a few of the reasons why we’re so infatuated with CUTERA:
- It’s the sole medical grade system that boasts all four devices (IPL, Diode, Alexandrite and Nd:YAG) required for hair removal and a variety of treatments on every skin type from 1-6
- It’s customizable to provide a treatment approach as unique as your skin
- Energy levels remain consistent throughout each session so no burns and quicker recovery times
- Offers varying levels of penetration for hard to reach areas so treatments like laser hair removal are up to 10x faster than traditional systems
- The machine is ergonomic so it’s easy to maneuver and easy to clean for optimal hygiene during treatments