Cellulite is caused by a number of factors:
- Poor circulation
- Processed and fried foods, as well as sugars and white carbohydrates, act as toxins in the body, which may cause cellulite to form.
Eating the right foods can help limit it. Add these cellulite-busting foods to your grocery list and stay far away from the offenders.
Foods That Stop Cellulite
- Pineapple Rich in potassium and vitamin C, pineapple is also chock-full of bromelain, which helps increase blood circulation.
- Water Eight glasses of water each day will help plump the skin and make it look thicker and more supple to camouflage cellulite. Water also helps the body release stored toxins.
- Asparagus– Strengthens veins and capillaries so that blood circulation is normalized. It also acts as a diuretic, forcing the body to release toxins.
- Green Tea – Green tea contains catechins, which have been shown to help prevent the breakdown of collagen, a necessary component for strong, firm skin.
- Sunflower Seeds These antioxidant-rich seeds are said to help strengthen weak tissue, which can be linked to cellulite.
- Chili Peppers This spicy food increases the body’s ability to produce heat internally, so that the body can burn fat faster.
- Banana A good booster for blood vessels and great for assisting in healthy circulation, they’re also a good source of potassium, vitamin B6 and magnesium.
- Broccoli Contains alpha lipoic acid, which helps prevent the hardening of collagen caused by sugar. It’s also a good source of selenium and calcium.
- Citrus All are excellent sources of vitamin C. Orange contain methoxylated bioflavonoids, which can improve circulation and strengthen capillaries.
- Oily fish Salmon, sardines, tuna, trout and bass are all low in fat and high in cellulite-fighting proteins and minerals. Also good sources of essential fatty acids.
- Pears A good detoxifier, pears can help reduce the effects of pollutants in the body, assisting the lymphatic system. A good source of fiber and potassium, too.
Incorporating a skin brush into your showers or baths will help significantly in flushing out toxins, making cellulite less prominent.